3746 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Command View - VA7410

SOLVED
Go to solution

Command View - VA7410

New to the above areas.

Can I upgrade CV without loosing the VA settings as according to the Docs I have to uninstall CV prior to installing the upgrade.

Can someone explain the relationship between CV and the disk set-up.
8 REPLIES 8
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Bill,

The docs also say "You should also save the CV SDM configurations files. This will allow you to easily restore the same configuration on the new software. See "Saving Disk System Configuration Information on Page 51"."

Pete

Pete
Uday_S_Ankolekar
Honored Contributor

Take backup of configuration files. Most of them are in /opt/sanmgr /etc/opt/sanmgr /var/opt/sanmgr directory. They are very small files.

CV Upgrade does not loose any of your VA settings.

Goodluck..
-USA..
Good Luck..

Ok Thanks

I have concerns because I do not understand the control and configuration of CV in respect of the disk devices.

There is a lot of work involved in getting to the point of where the system is now in respect of layouts and data and the business would not stand a long period of downtime whilst I rebuild.

Bill
Nguyen Anh Tien
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi BILL.
1,Can I upgrade CV without loosing the VA settings as according to the Docs I have to uninstall CV prior to installing the upgrade.
YOU CAN UPGRADE CV WITHOUT LOOSING THE VA CONFIG.
SEE THIS:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?locale=en_US&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=64112&prodSeriesName=hp+surestore+command+view+sdm
2,Can someone explain the relationship between CV and the disk set-up
CV IS CONFIG AND MANAGEMENT TOOLS. ALL CONFIGURATION FOR DISK ARE KEEP AT STORAGE AREA (meta data) see attached pic for more
HP is simple
Saurav_1
Valued Contributor

Hello,

We recently upgraded CVSDM from 1.06 to 1.09. as per the procedure. You have to uninstall OV SAM also. While installing CVSDM it will reinstall again. Keep backup of important file as mentioned in the document, Security table, Host port Behaviour file in the text format.

During installing and uninstalling the CVSDM. It will not affect the array atall.

Cheers.

Thanks to everyone - Thanks.

Nguyen,
No attached Pics.

Also I tried to use Cv through the Browser and the instal of the Java Failed because it could not find the included download file from the Java website - any ideas?
Saurav_1
Valued Contributor

The CVSDM 1.09 installs the Java version required for the correct functioning. When we did the upgrade. it hardly took any time. and everything was done sucessfully.
swremove and swinstall. Please download the correct version of CVSDM 1.09 from the hp site and install it from there.

Cheers.

Thanks Saurav

Bill