5485 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion

Command View eva unable to see eva3000

rfancy

Command View eva unable to see eva3000

hi,all!
i have two rx4640 connect with EVA3000.
For some reasons,i power off all of them for months.
when i power on again, the SMA( Win2000 server ) can not found eva3000,but both rx4640 can see the eva3000 lun.
san swtich port status is ok,no zoning as before.
HBAnyware can see both controller wwn,SMA has restart several times with no effect.
Can someone give ideas ?
Thanks in advance!
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Command View eva unable to see eva3000

I understand CV EVA is installed on the SMA and it is not accessing storage. We need to verify the path from Server to the EVA (Use CVUTIL from command prompt on the Management server) â This is to check the Connectivity.

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Sanworks\Element Manager for StorageWorks HSV>cvutil paths

--> Check the output and see if you are able to see the WWN of the EVA.

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
rfancy

ok,i will try.
Víctor Cespón
Honored Contributor

If the SMA has Windows 2000, then he'll have a very old version of Command View (<=6), so no cvutil.

Windows 2000 based SMA are no longer supported, current policy is to format then and install Windows 2003 / 2008 with a supported version of Command View.

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00677166/c00677166.pdf

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00677373/c00677373.pdf

Hardware seems OK as there's no zoning and HBAwnyware can see the controllers. Do they appear on Windows device manager too?
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

What is the Status of the EVA Cache Batteries.

I observed some times, If both Controller Cache Batteries are down, Command View EVA will not be able to see the Controller LUNs hence no access to Command View EVA.

I am raised this concers as observed that you "power off all of them for months"
rfancy

battery is ok for both rx4640 can see the luns presented from eva
rfancy

Windows device manager can not find eva controller.when open command view eva and click discover ,it says can not find controller.
i want to know if i reinstall SMA with windows 2003ï¼ what need i pay attention to?
thanks!

In CV EVA version 6.0 there is one utility tool "evact" instead of cvutil...try that and send me the output.

As CV EVA is communicating to the Master only, any issues with it will cause CV problems.

Restarting the Master controller can resolve the issue.

Also upgrade CV EVA to the latest version and patch level (be aware that licensing changed for CV EVA 7 and above!).

------------------------------------------------------

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
gregersenj
Honored Contributor

"Windows device manager can not find eva controller"
Then CV can't "see" the EVA either.

Was the SMA powered on before the EVA?
If so, try to do a rescan in device manager.
Or just reboot the SMA.

BR
/jag

Accept or Kudo