8148 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Command view XP for linux

Suraj Singh_1
Trusted Contributor

Command view XP for linux

Hi,

Do we have any software to manage XP-1024 from a linux desktop?
If yes, where do i get it from?

Thanks in advance,
Suraj
What we cannot speak about we must pass over in silence.
5 REPLIES 5
Zinky
Honored Contributor

Re: Command view XP for linux

I don't think so (at least that is public?).

However it would indeed be very nice to have XP and EVA management software running on Linux. Imagine the robust tools that can be put to good use - Java, Apache, PHP and not to mention - MySQL for fast and efficeinet storage of LUN/LDEV config data as well as performance stats.

Hakuna Matata

Favourite Toy:
AMD Athlon II X6 1090T 6-core, 16GB RAM, 12TB ZFS RAIDZ-2 Storage. Linux Centos 5.6 running KVM Hypervisor. Virtual Machines: Ubuntu, Mint, Solaris 10, Windows 7 Professional, Windows XP Pro, Windows Server 2008R2, DOS 6.22, OpenFiler
RAJESH GANGADHARAN
Regular Advisor

Hi
You can have Command View CLI, which is command line interface, running on Java 1.4
Using CLI you can get connect to a Command view PC.

-Raj
Let the choices you make today be the choices you can live with tomorrow.
Zinky
Honored Contributor

Rajesh, I think Suraj meant the whole XP software suite -- CommandView XP, Performance Advisor, Connectivity.. the whole boatload of XP management software.

Of cousrse CLI XP (Command Line) can do the job and can run on any JAVA capable OS (I've even run it on a FeeBSD/MacOS X environment). But the thing is.. there are just a number of operations on the GUI that you cannot do via CLI.. one example is a "CREATE LUN" with LUN numbers greater than I think 256 or 512 - you can only do it on the GUI.

Hakuna Matata

Favourite Toy:
AMD Athlon II X6 1090T 6-core, 16GB RAM, 12TB ZFS RAIDZ-2 Storage. Linux Centos 5.6 running KVM Hypervisor. Virtual Machines: Ubuntu, Mint, Solaris 10, Windows 7 Professional, Windows XP Pro, Windows Server 2008R2, DOS 6.22, OpenFiler
Suraj Singh_1
Trusted Contributor

Hmm, i thought someone here would have done something to manage XP-1024 array from linux PC.

Thanks anyways for your ideas.
Suraj Singh_1
Trusted Contributor

Well, if anyone comes across Command View XP for linux, pls. keep us updated through this forum.