3379 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

CommandView CLI Firewall issue???

Keefie
Occasional Contributor

CommandView CLI Firewall issue???

Hello.

I wonder if someone can offer any help. We have had some network/firewall changes made recently, and now three out of our four CommandView servers {all 2.2B-6} do not connect to an array via the CLI. The web-based access of the servers, and the Remote Web Console are all fine. The CLI starts up ok, but upon issue of a connect command, the server thinks about it, and after a short period throws up a connection error. The last CommandView server works without a problem via the CLI.

My question is if there are any ports/services I need to open up, start, which would enable connection via the CLI??? Is there any good documentation regarding the CLI, that would help?? The basic docs that I have say nothing about ports required for the CLI!! :o((

Thanks for your help.

Cheers!!

Keith
3 REPLIES 3
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

Re: CommandView CLI Firewall issue???

Not sure I understand your configuration completely, but I've got port 12301 opened up on our CV servers so that SSSU clients can talk to them.
Bill Rothanburg
Trusted Contributor

Check your proxy settings. CVXP does not always work correctly through proxy servers.

I added the IP addresses to the XP's to the exclude list in IE and then told Java to use the Browsers settings.

Pat Obrien_1
Regular Advisor

the correct firewall port(s) depends on the version of cv. Prior to cv6 you needed 2301/2381 and other I have forgotten towork. post cv6 you now also need 2372 open to get cv to work through the firewall