6033 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Compatibility matrix for XP256 and XP1024 arrays

Ninad_1
Honored Contributor

Compatibility matrix for XP256 and XP1024 arrays

Hi,

Please can anyone provide me or point to compatibility matrix for XP256 and XP1024 arrays with different vendor platforms (IBM, SUN) for OS versions (mainly AIX 5.2, 5.3 ; Solaris 9, 10)

Thanks,
Nad
6 REPLIES 6
Luk Vandenbussche
Honored Contributor
Ninad_1
Honored Contributor

Hi Luk,

Thanks for the links.
Few bits are unclear. Please can you help me in understanding them
1. The documents do not mention clearly which platforms will be supported (which server models).Does this mean all servers will be compatible ? Or I have to check which servers can host the mentioned HBA's and that would determine the compatibility ?

2.In the document "(Optional) Other available XP software (some may not be supported by your system):"
I wish to know if Raid Manager XP, CA, BCV will work with AIX 5.2, 5.3 , Solaris 9 , Soalris10 ?

3. Can you expalin what does this mean - "Heterogeneous operating systems may share an XP array port if you use Secure Manager and set the appropriate host group and mode. All others must connect to a dedicated XP array port." - Does this mean that I need to install Secure Manager on my AIX or Solaris systems I wish to connect or I need to install this software on all servers using the same switch to connect to the XP array port ? Or the software needs to be installed on XP array ? What does All other must connect to a dedicated port mean?

Thanks,

Nad
Chan 007
Honored Contributor
Ninad_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Chan - Thanks for the links, the first link was also provided by Luk earlier for which I have posted few queries. If anyone can please answer them
The 2nd link - thats nice , but it points to Intel based servers , whereas I wish to have information on Unix based servers - especially p570,p550 etc.
Do you have a pointer/info on this ?
Also for Sun servers like V890.
What I wish to know is that whether IBM and Sun servers mentioned above will be compatible with the XP1024 and XP256 arrays I already have, connected through Brocade Silkworm 3800 switch.
What all I need to check for this interoperability , any pointers and guidance is very much required.

Thanks for your help.

Ninad
Ninad_1
Honored Contributor

Please can anyone help on my queries.
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

I am pretty certain the XP256/XP1024 (also known as Hitachi 7700E and Hitachi 9980V) are compatible with the UNIX heavyweights AIX and Solaris. BUT - I am only saying this under the context of you having VxVM as the volume manager as these arrays are Active-Active cache-centric arrays.

On Sun Machines -- I am pretty sure since we've V880s/older SunEnterprise/280Rs connected to XP or Hitachi falvours of these arrays and varying versions of Veritas Volume manager (VxVM).

Check also the HCL at the Veritas web site for the VxVM version you may have on Solaris and AIX...
Hakuna Matata.