4887 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Configuration L2000 Raid Controller

Daniel Schneider_3
Frequent Advisor

Configuration L2000 Raid Controller

Hello all,

I have to configure a HP9000-L2000 Machine for 19" Rack with 4 Disks a 18,2 Gig, which are mounted in the front 4 Slots.
Further in that Machine is mounted a SCSI-Card for further 4-way SCSI.
My Question now is how to setup the 2 Disks in the front Slots each with a mirror Disk. Is there the only way to do this with LVM (I have successfuly done this with other machines), or is there a possibility to mirror the disks hardware-like (I think on NT-Machines, where you have to configure the Raid in Bios)?

Thank you for all help!

Best Regards
Daniel
3 REPLIES 3
Daniel Schneider_3
Frequent Advisor

enhancement:

the further SCSI-Card is PCI 4SI Raid, and the four internal mounted disks should be attached to that card.

Regards
Daniel
malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

Good morning Daniel, on the L2000 box the 4 disc slots on the front of the machine are connected to a backplane that is directly connected to the motherboard. There is no facility to connect these drives to a 4si card like is possible on a Netserver unfortunately
cheers
malvin
Not me Chief, I'm Radar
Bernhard Mueller
Honored Contributor

Daniel,

actually you could buy an SC10 JBOD without disks to attach to the RAID 4si card and put the 4 internal disks into the SC10 and have HW RAID and boot off the HW RAID.

Although this is supported, I would strongly advise *not* to do that but instead have at least 2 internal boot disks mirrored via LVM/MirrorDisk.

Additionally you need a running OS with the irm tools to configure the HW RAID in the first place....

Regards,
Bernhard