Disk Enclosures
1752808 Members
5932 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Configure Raid 1+0 after the array is built

Rick Childress

Configure Raid 1+0 after the array is built

I configured my raid 10 in ACU. But in disk management on the server the array is showing up as 2 disks. I have tried initializing and formatting but everytime one of the "disks" disappears or goes off line whether I format the disks as a pair or just format one disk assuming the mirror will do the rest.

Whats the best practice for initializing and formatting Raid 10?
3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: Configure Raid 1+0 after the array is built

Please, we need to know on which hardware and very likely it's firmware revision this 'Raid 10' was created...

From the description it sounds like you are using an external RAID array with 2 redundant paths and did not install a multipath filter so the operating system (my guess it's Windows) acts 'strange'.
Rick Childress

The server is a DL380 the SAN is msa 1000 with fiber port Emulex LP950. You are correct that I do not have a multipath filter. Is the multipath filter how the volume fails over?

I did get the volume functional by initializing both drives and formatting just one primary partition and the mirror seems to have taken care of the rest.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Right, I used a generic name, because the exact product is defined by the firmware version that is running on the MSA1000.