1752679 Members
5693 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Connecting 2 servers to my C2300

Glenn S. Davidson
Trusted Contributor

Connecting 2 servers to my C2300

I have connected my C2300 to 2 servers (for manual fail over scenario) and when I bring up the second server I get a hardware fault and the system never boots. It seems odd to me that I would get a hardware fault on System B when all the system is doing is booting up. I have configured all the disks on system A and everything works fine. System B won't even be used unless System A completely dies. It seems like I was able to do this on the older JBOD's. Is the C2300 too smart for this?
Conformity Destroys a mans initiative and independence. It supresses his powerful inner drive to do his own thing.
3 REPLIES 3
Glenn S. Davidson
Trusted Contributor

OK this is a DS2300 and I found what looks like the answer to my question but I still can't explain the fault light on the other server and it not booting.
Conformity Destroys a mans initiative and independence. It supresses his powerful inner drive to do his own thing.
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Glenn,
please check again if this is DS2300 (LVD JBOD with 15 disks max) or C2300 (old Nike disk array). Which servers are you trying to connect? What's topology? Which OS?
Eugeny
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

You can do this but you have to play by the rules. I suspect what is happening is that the controller's on both hosts are set to the default 7. You must reset one to 6 (or at least not 7 and 6 is the next highest priority device on a bus so it's the normal choice). The bus should terminate on the controllers themselves -- so termination must be enabled on both controllers.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.