New Discussion юеВ

Continous Access EVA problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
dominic_7
Advisor

Continous Access EVA problem

Hello All,

We have two EVA5000s VCS 3020 just upgraded the command view EVA to 4.2 without any issues.
Continous access EVA was showing some DR copy sets as copying , but would not be able to connect to the production site EVA .
After a restart of the SMA , both the EVAs are greyed out , also all the DR groups and replication copy sets , show "unknown " status.
Rescan of the SAN does not help.
Is there any update available for CA EVA ?

thanks

Dominic
4 REPLIES 4
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Re: Continous Access EVA problem

Continuous Access EVA is now called RSM (Replication Solutions Manager). I'm Using RSM Version 1.2.200 without problems.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

You can download it here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=1833648&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=471572&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Ian Vaughan
Honored Contributor
Solution

Howdy,
As well as upgrading C.A. to Replication solutions manager version you should really think about upgrading your VCS version to at least 3.028 as I think even 3.025 is no longer supported. Going to the 4.x version of VCS is a big jump however but gives you some valuable extras.

Here's some reading for you-
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManualтМй=en&cc=us&docIndexId=179111&taskId=101&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=321347

regards
Ian
Hope that helps - please click "Thumbs up" for Kudos if it does
## ---------------------------------------------------------------------------##
Which is the only cheese that is made backwards?
Edam!
Tweets: @2techie4me
dominic_7
Advisor

Hi all ,

Thank you very much for the helpful replies , i am downloading the release notes
and preparing for a upgrade .
Actually we have a plan to upgrade 3020 to 3028 , but were afraid of the repercussions , and were in planning phase.
We already have the RSM s/w , but i needed to know the cause of Continous Access's wierd behavior , after i upgraded Command View to 4.2 .
I wanted to confirm if these two versions are incompatible , before applying RSM .

thanks n regards

dominic