5750 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Controller battery alarm LED still blinking RED

Ali Ashraf_1
Occasional Advisor

Controller battery alarm LED still blinking RED

Dear all

In our office Our Shared storage EVA3000 (HSV100) controllerâ s battery was damaged. Then we replace the bad battery with a new one but controller battery alarm LED still blinking RED. We also check Controller event log but there we also find controller alarm. What can we do now.

Please help me.

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Re: Controller battery alarm LED still blinking RED

Hi,

How did you replace the battery ?

If the new battery was installed with the EVA powered off, then the new battery will pick up the status of the old one, rendering it useless.

Cheers,

Rob
Ali Ashraf_1
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your Answer. But My request is give me a procedure to recover LED status from RED to GREEN
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If the batteries are good, then the battery status LED should automatically change to green...

If they haven't then you may need to restart and/or power cycle the controllers.

Cheers,

Rob
Ali Ashraf_1
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your solution.I am a novice engineer in HP-Unix. Please give me the procedure how i can recycle power of HSV100 controller. I have learnt from one EVA3000 document that controller should be shutdown from EVA commandview . Now please help me how can i recycle HSV100 controller?? Please help me.
Mustafa Gulercan
Respected Contributor

hi;
From Command view Eva on the left side menu;
you can see the storage systems under the .
Choose the storage system.You can see list.
click the and after .click one of the controller and you will see a menu right side of the screen.It is menu.you can shutdown (restart) the controller from there.

you should restart the controllers one by one.

regards,
mustafa
Ali Ashraf_1
Occasional Advisor

Dear Mustafa
Tahnks for your reply. In EVA command view hardware-->rac-->controller properties i have found "Shut Down" button but my quary is after shutdown the controller , how can i restart the controller ? Is after shutdown "Shut Down" button change to Restart button?? Please help me.
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

you can shutdown the complete EVA by clinking "shutdown". Then the drive enclosures will power off, also the controllers. After that power-cycle the drive enclosures and wait until the drives are up and running (round about two minutes). Then start the top controller and after it has beed started, the bottom controller.

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
Ali Ashraf_1
Occasional Advisor

Dear concerned

We cannot shutdown the whole EVA system because it is a live system. Our costomer will not support us.Actually where this problem "Battery LED blinking RED" is standby controller. So please give me a procedure to start the stand by controller after it was shutdown(from EVA command view).

Thanks
Ali asraf
Mustafa Gulercan
Respected Contributor

you don't need shutdown all storage.
from you will see a menu right side of the screen. there is a button . click shutdown button there will be menu.
chose the controller and click the restart.
After restarting complete restart the Controller B.

Restart the Controller ONE by ONE !.

regards,
mustafa