4958 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Converting MSA500 to MSA 1000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Whois2440

Converting MSA500 to MSA 1000

We've got the conversion kit to convert our MSA from a MSA500 to a MSA1000. We've done this on a prior MSA without problems and it say the linux partitions. When we convert our second MSA to fiber channel will it also see our windows NTSF partitions that are already built?
4 REPLIES 4
kunalsahoo
Valued Contributor
Solution

Hi Whois,

Partition table has nothing to do with MSA presentation...if you present the same lun to linux box it will definitely detect it and later once you mount it in Linux to use then partition table will be changed..and also if you are expecting safe data of NTFS to be accessed by linux ...then the answer is NO it is not possible...
Whois2440

I'm sorry I must have explained it incorrectly. I am sorry for that. We have 2 MSA's. One we converted from 500 to 1000 and then a second. The first one that we converted was setup with a linux partition and once we got it up and running we saw those partitions. The second MSA is still a 500 that we have not converted yet. The 2nd MSA is partitioned with NTSF. I was asking if we convert it from 500 to 1000 would those NTFS partitions still show up like the first MSA conversion did?
Amol Garge
Trusted Contributor

Good news!

If its the same server, the partitions will show up just the same.

No change will be made to the NTFS filesystem!
Whois2440

Thank you both for your input.