1752808 Members
6698 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Converting from RAID 0 to Raid 1 on DL460G6

Randy McRae
Occasional Contributor

Converting from RAID 0 to Raid 1 on DL460G6

When the server was originally set up, the RAID level was set to 0 on disk 0 only. The second disk did not get configured. When we found the problem, the server was configured and running in the domain. We want to add the second drive to the array (2 drives are identical) and change it to RAID 0+1. Can this be done without nuking, recreating RAID, and restoring? All of the advice I have found is split between yes you can and no you can't. Any help is appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

If the second disk is the same size or bigger, AND the HP Smart Array P410i has the battery-backed write cache (BBWC), then YES.

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/13235_na/13235_na.html

Available upgrades: 256MB, Battery kit upgrade (for BBWC), or 512MB with BBWC, and Smart Array Advanced Pack (SAAP-RAID 6 and 6+0)

http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/13201_na/13201_na.html

Addition of the battery backed cache upgrade enables array expansion, logical drive extension, RAID migration, and stripe size migration
Kopp2
Advisor

@vcespon : you wrote "yes"... could you please explain the steps. I'm using P410i and see no possibility to convert RAID0 to RAID1...
Mr. Caraza

I think this can help...

Management Features Online array expansion (with BBWC/FBWC upgrade)
Online Advanced Capacity Expansion (with BBWC/FBWC and Smart Array Advanced Pack upgrade)
Online logical drive extension (with BBWC/FBWC upgrade)
Online RAID level migration (with BBWC/FBWC upgrade)
Online strip size migration (with BBWC/FBWC upgrade)
Offline Mirror splitting and recombining (with BBWC/FBWC and Smart Array Advanced Pack upgrade)
Unlimited global online spare assignment
User selectable expand and rebuild priority
User selectable RAID level and stripe size
User selectable read and write cache sizes