108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Critical Lock-up Detected. Code=f112h

SOLVED
Go to solution
EricH_4
Advisor

Critical Lock-up Detected. Code=f112h

I have 2 units of MSA1000 with this controller error on bootup. Is there any way to resolve this issue? Have tried the following:

- reseated fibre cables
- reseated controllers

and the problem still persists.

Pls advise.
25 REPLIES 25
blackhawk_1
Advisor

What f/w are you running on ?
There were lot of fixes in f/w v5.20 or v7.00 whichever is applicable here.

F/w v4.48 release notes extract:
"Fixes an issue where the MSA1000 array controller could get a ├в Critical Lockup F112h├в
when inserting new disk drives or migrating disk drive from non smart array based SCSI
controllers"

Try reseating the affected controller as well
EricH_4
Advisor

Thanks for your reply. The existing firmware is 4.24. And we have already tried cycling the power to the MSA as well as reseated the controllers but the problem still persists.
Amol Garge
Trusted Contributor

4.24 is ancient firmware!!!

Upgrade firmware asap.

MSA will perform better and will be more stable.

You can do it step wise by going to 4.48 and then to 5.20.
EricH_4
Advisor

Yes, but according to an HP engineer, we were asked to replace the controllers. The new controllers seem to be having FW4.48 (unsure at this time). Is it just a matter of powering down the MSA, remove the existing controllers and insert the new ones to get everything up and running?
Amol Garge
Trusted Contributor

Exactly, power down the MSA, insert the new controllers and zone the controllers to the servers.
But, I would still like to update the controllers to the latest version of active passive firmware which is more stable.

EricH_4
Advisor

Is there any way I can do a backup of the configuration from the existing controllers and dump them into the new ones?
Amol Garge
Trusted Contributor

To be very honest, I have never seen or heard anyone taking a config backup of the MSA1000 and restore it on the replacement controller, coz I think that the feature does not exist in MSA1000.

Maybe I missed something , Can any one else help Eric on this one?

KunalSahoo, any comments?
blackhawk_1
Advisor

There is no such option in MSA for backing-up config
EricH_4
Advisor

So it means that the replacement is just plug-and-play? Coz I do not want to reconfigure the whole array, or risk any kind of data loss due to the controllers' newer firmware version.