New Discussion юеВ

Critical Lock-up Detected. Code=f112h

SOLVED
Go to solution
Amol Garge
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: Critical Lock-up Detected. Code=f112h

No, there's no loss of config after the controller replacement.
EricH_4
Advisor

Amol: according to your previous reply: "insert the new controllers and zone the controllers to the servers"

Could you clarify further on this?
EricH_4
Advisor

We will be getting the other two controllers by today. My question is: what if the firmware on these controllers are 7.10 (Active/Active) and the existing controllers we are using version 4.24 (active/passive). Will it work with my current setup? Do we need to reconfigure anything?
kunalsahoo
Valued Contributor

Hi Eric/Amol.....
sorry for late response ...

Eric, dont worry about configuration...

Reason...
1.Metadat's will be on disk drives.
2 Configuration stays in both controllers...and you have to upgrade only one controller and once it is done successfully the other will clone it automatically....so @ any given point of time the config is safe with 1 controller.......all the best

Cheers..
EricH_4
Advisor

Hi guys, I connected the console cable to the MSA1000 controller and did a show tech_support and found that one of the cache is disabled:

Cache:
128 megabyte read cache
128 megabyte write cache Version 2
Cache is GOOD, but Cache is temporarily disabled.
Disable Reason: Wrong Cache Board.
No unflushed data in cache
Battery:
Module #1 is fully charged and turned off.

I have searched the KB and could not get any info on "Wrong cache board". Is the accelerator bad, or could it be the battery?
kunalsahoo
Valued Contributor

hi , one of the cache needs to be replaced now....unfortunately controller would be repalced....module 1 is fine...log a case with HP support....
EricH_4
Advisor

Replaced the controllers and one of them still showed:

Cache:
128 megabyte read cache
128 megabyte write cache Version 2
Cache is GOOD, but Cache is temporarily disabled.
Disable Reason: Wrong Cache Board.
No unflushed data in cache
Battery:
Module #1 is fully charged and turned off

Is there a way to clear the cache?
EricH_4
Advisor

Hi guys,

Is there a way to set the controller in slot 1 or 2 as the active or passive unit? Is it true that the active controller must always be the one that is connected to the SAN switch directly behind it?

Amol Garge
Trusted Contributor

The only way to failover a controller is by removing the other any controller can be active at a given point of time, irrespective of the slot.
EricH_4
Advisor

Hi Amol,

OK, the thing is, I've replaced my old controllers and put in 2 new ones. Before the replacement, the controller on the left was the active unit and the one on the right was passive.

After the replacement, the controller on the right became active instead. What could cause it to switch sides??