Disk Enclosures
1752402 Members
5672 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

D3700 add to Proliant DL380 Gen 9

D3700 add to Proliant DL380 Gen 9

I have been talking to HP pre sales tech support about adding storage to my Proliant DL380 Gen 9. All the drive bays are full and the tech referred me to the D3700 disk enclosure. Before their sales team starts talking to me I was wondering if someone here could help me. Specifically, how would I know which Smart Array card is installed in the server and if it has any room I can expand to add the 3700 disk enclosure to ?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
ksram
HPE Pro

Re: D3700 add to Proliant DL380 Gen 9

Hi @Eric Hutchinson_2 ,

Good day!

Thank you for the Post.

You may check the details by any of the following method : 

1) iLO - if confured, you can login to iLO > check Overview > Storage Tab

2) By collecting ADU report 

i) from Operating System using Array Configuration Utlity / Smart Storage Administrator (SSA)

ii) from Intelligent Porvisioning (Restart the Server and Press F10)

iii) Offline SSA (Restart the Server and select SSA from Post)

3) From System Utilities

Once the Array Controller information is available, we can check verify referring the Server Quickspecs and Array Controller Quickspecs to get more information.

Thank you

RamKS

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Thanks for the info ksram,

I thnk when I built the server I built partitions using the intelligent provisioning method. I am fairly certain I did not install the Array Configuration utility. Can I install it now to get the info I need? If so what exact software utility should I download from HP.

Thanks

RamKS,

I have the ADU report from the server. Would it be possible to have you review it to see if I can connect an external  D3700 disk cage to it?

Thanks

ksram
HPE Pro

Hi @Eric Hutchinson_2 ,

Please share the file / you can share the Controller information, so that I shall check and share the required information.

Thank you

RamKS

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

@ksram  ,

Sorry to be a pain. How do I share the file with you?

ksram
HPE Pro

Hi @Eric Hutchinson_2 ,

You can extract the file, open the .txt file and share the Controller details and information available.

Thank you

RamKS

I work for HPE.

Accept or Kudo