1748242 Members
4147 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL145 SATA Controller

Charles Coulbourn
Occasional Contributor

DL145 SATA Controller

I have a DL145 G3. I need to know what the built-in SATA controller driver is. I've tried all the drivers on the supplied CD with no luck. The server does not have a floppy drive or CD-Rom, so I'm trying to use RIS to set it up. RIS is configured to use "Win2003 Driver for Smart Array SAS/SATA Controllers". I saw a workaround stating that the controller should use PATA instead of SATA. This is not making a difference. I'm not even sure it is a SmartArray. There are only two SATA connectors on the motherboard.
2 REPLIES 2
pasquino bocci_1
Trusted Contributor

Charles Coulbourn
Occasional Contributor

I have resolved the problem. The onboard SATA (not raid capable) controller uses a Microsoft Driver which is on the install CD. I modified the RIS image to not load any additional storage controllers, set the SATA controller to use PATA mode, and booted off the network. It would find drive 0, copy the files and reboot. Upon reboot, it complained no OS was found. I disconnected drive 0 and retried on Drive 1. It worked at that point. I then mirrored the drives from within windows. I tested the mirror and verified both drives were bootable. I'm not sure why drive 0 was acting up at this point.