New Discussion юеВ

Re: DS2100 connecting up to a zx6000 workstation

SOLVED
Go to solution
John R_2
Occasional Contributor

DS2100 connecting up to a zx6000 workstation

Hello all.

I'ld like to hook up a DS2100 array to a new HP zx6000 Itanium workstation I have recently purchased running HPUX 11i 1.6 TCOE. I'm wondering if it will hook up directly to the LVD SCSI connection on the back of the workstation, and what kind of cable I would then need.

I do not see any external solutions as being certified for this workstation yet on any of HP's sites.

Can I do this and what else would I need?

Thanks for any help with this.
4 REPLIES 4
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello,

Ues, those are ultra160 controllers, which handle the ds2100 beautifully. I don't know whether it is supported though, but it should, I see no reason why.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
John R_2
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Vince. I will give it a try. Just need to get the correct SCSI cable now.

John
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Oops forgot the cable :-) You will need a VHDCI to VHDCI cable, and a VHDCI terminator on the other port on the ds2100. Don't know the part numbers though, sorry.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

John,

just fyi, the support plan of the ZX6000 (the IA64 Workstation version) says their is no support for external drives.

The RX2600 (IA64 Server version) however does support external storage on the ECI (extended core I/O) external SCSI connection.

regards, Kris