108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DS2300

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bona_1
Frequent Advisor

DS2300

Hi all, I have an HP 5470 Attached to a 2300 Disk array. Right now, there is a system alarm light on the 2300, and NO other alarm anywhere else on the hardware. I have a service manual that tells me to run some commands within the software in order to retreive the log information, (logprn) but for some reason, the commands don't run. I am thinking perhaps SDM is not installed on the server. Is there any command to use to check for SDM? And is there any other way to detect what is wrong with the unit?

Thank you
8 REPLIES 8
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Re: DS2300

CommandView SDM is for managing Virtual Arrays (VA7xx00). It will not work for DS2300 disk enclosure.
The best is to have your system loaded with latest (at least not too old) OnlineDiags, GR and HWE patch bundles. DS2300 will be monitored by hpux EMS (event monitoring system), but you probably need to start diags daemons first:
- check file /etc/rc.config.d/diagnostic to contain DIAGNOSTICS=1;
- start diagnostics daemons with '/sbin/init.d/diagnostic start'.
Then you will be able to see events with some instructions is /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log.
BTW, how many controllers DS2300 has? One or two?
Eugeny
Bona_1
Frequent Advisor

The DS 2300 has 2 controllers.
Bona_1
Frequent Advisor

Hello. How do I check if the OnlineDiags, GR and HWE patch bundles are already installed?

Thanks
Peter Mattei
Honored Contributor
Solution

Of course there is a Command View SDM for Disk Systems for your DS2300. Go here for info:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=lpg35179&locale=en_US&taskId=115&prodSeriesId=81148&prodTypeId=12169

Find the CV SDM manual here:
http://h200002.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/lpg29284/lpg29284.pdf

Check if it is installed and then enjoy.

Cheers
Peter
I love storage
Bernhard Mueller
Honored Contributor

Use
swlist | more

to see what software is installed

even easier use
which cstm

this will either give you the path to the executable or "not found in $PATH"

if you have it,
as a first step:

enter
# cstm
cstm> map
list of devices
find the ds2300 controllers, note the # in the first column
cstm> sel dev #_of_controller
(replace "#_of_controller" with the appr. #)
cstm> info
cstm> wait
cstm> il
scroll down the information
cstm> q

#

Regards,
Bernhard

Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Bona,
please 10 points for Peter Mattei's reply!
Eugeny
Bona_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi all, I tried using the CSTM, the info command worked the first time, giving no error. When i tried to go through the motions again, it gave me an error (Info has been disabled or something strange.) I don't think the command view SDM is installed, all the commands in the manual didn't work. I haven't enabled the diagnostic daemon yet though, I need to know whether they would affect the performance of a live machine in anyway. Would it require a shutdown of the machine?
Thanks
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

This can happen. When running info in STM it actually starts another process (thread) which gathers all infomation. When you exit info subroutine it needs to exit finishing what it was doing, and it can take some time. If you would try running info in, let's say, 30 seconds, it should work again
Eugeny