Disk Enclosures
1748003 Members
4379 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Data on disk array on /dev/rdsk/c3t1d0 is unavailable.

Tom Burba
Occasional Advisor

Data on disk array on /dev/rdsk/c3t1d0 is unavailable.

How do I determine if this is a bogus error?
Array Monitor Daemon
=======================================
Data on disk array on /dev/rdsk/c3t1d0 at m1ux2b is unavailable.
Data redundancy has been lost in disk array on /dev/rdsk/c3t1d0 at m1ux2b.
Rebuild operation for disk array on
/dev/rdsk/c3t1d0 at m1ux2b failed
UNIX is like an ocean... (anonymous)
5 REPLIES 5
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Data on disk array on /dev/rdsk/c3t1d0 is unavailable.

That pretty much sucks..

You must have had multiple failures.

arraydsp -i

Get the serial number

arraydsp -a

Post it up here.

How's your data?
Have you noticed problems?

You may have to backup, although, the arrayrecover and/or arrayrbld may help in certain cases...

Later,
Bill
It works for me (tm)
Tom Burba
Occasional Advisor

UNIX is like an ocean... (anonymous)
David Allen
Frequent Advisor

Hi Tom,

I don't really like the state of your array at the moment. It's not reporting any disk failures, but it appears to have failed with it's rebuild, so something has screwed up somewhere.

I've noticed that you have an array with 11 4GB disks and one 9GB disk (Slot A1). Is the 9GB a new addition and if so, is it the same interface as the other disks, ie F/Wide Diff or Single Ended (whilst you can have different size disks in an array, you can't have different interface types)?

Your hot spare is configured for 4GB disks, whereas it should be configured for the largest disk in the array (ie, the 9). The AutoRaid should handle this change anyway, provided you have enough unallocated space for the array to rebuild.

Also, check your firmware levels on the controllers, they are currently at HP24 and I believe that the latest level is around HP62 (could be higher) for the model 12H. You are also short one power supply.

You can also use the logprint command to get more info on the array. Run it as logprint -a serial_no. Check the man pages for more info on the command.

I suspect that the problem lies with the 9GB disk and the array not having enough free space to rebuild. Hope you have a good backup. If you have HP support, I would place a service call with them.

Regards,
Dave
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Hi Tom,

Suggest you check the connections of the SCSI cables. If that doesn't work. Try removing controllers and disks one by one if you can manage to do that. Do follow the instructions for removing the controller and disks from the disk array.

Hope this helps.

Regds
David Allen
Frequent Advisor

Hi Tom,

I'm curious to know if you have had any luck recovering your AutoRaid?

Regards,
Dave