3758 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Determine if a mirrorclone is in sync

DallyAck
Occasional Advisor

Determine if a mirrorclone is in sync

Hello all,
I have created a mirrorclone of a 150gb vdisk. I watched the progres go to 100% in the storage works command view eva. Now I want to unpresent the source disk from the windows host and fracture once all i/o is complete. How can I determine when the mirrorclone is finshed writing and is an exact copy of the source?
9 REPLIES 9
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Re: Determine if a mirrorclone is in sync

hi,
the EVA BC admin guide could help you:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01375088/c01375088.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN
the pain is one part of the reality
DallyAck
Occasional Advisor

the EVA BC admin guide could help you:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01375088/c01375088.p
df?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN >

I've read the guide but I don't see how to do it. I heard there was a sssu command to determine the status but I cannot find any reference to it in this guide.

Thanks again
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

unlike of the snapclone it is continuous, so it writes all the increments/changes from the source to the destination continuosly not like in snapclone which is point-in-time clone

there is the SSSU command:
set vdisk v_disk_name
with its options:
DETACH...removes the releationship between the mirroclone and the source disk permanently. Host I/O to the source virtual disk is no longer copied to the mirroclone and the mirrorclone becomes an independent virtual disk

FRACTURE...fracture the relationship between the mirroclone and the source virtual disk. The relationship can be resumed by RESYNC

DallyAck
Occasional Advisor

Great so now I know I can DETACH the disk and present it to a host. When detaching a disk how long should one wait before assuming the replication is complete?
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

as stated it does the detach itself...
DETACH...removes the releationship between the mirroclone and the source disk permanently.

Host I/O to the source virtual disk is no longer copied to the mirroclone and the mirrorclone becomes an independent virtual disk
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

but DETACHED disk cannot be RESYNCED. Only FRACTURED disk can be.

DETACH simply splits the mirroclone into the 2 separate VDISKs. And from the of split there is no replication
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

When you detach a mirrorclone, it loses the relationship with the parent vdisk and becomes a regular vdisk itself, containing a copy of the parent vdisk in the moment of the detaching.

But the idea of using a mirrorclone is to leave it attached to a vdisk and use fracture to stop temporarily the copy.

The mirrorclone first does a full copy of the source vdisk (normalization). Once normalized, all changes to the vdisk are also written to the mirrorclone, until you fracture it.
Emil Velez
Honored Contributor

When it shows as a available lun on the system. When it is no longer showing busy in the gui
DallyAck
Occasional Advisor

thanks everyone, that final comment is what I was really looking for.