Disk Array

SOLVED
Go to solution
shaikh_mahaboob
Frequent Advisor

Disk Array

Hi
I am shaikh Mahaboob
I Facing problem while creating LUN in disk array A3232A 12 disks the error is "SAM IS UNABLE TO BIND A NEW LUN ON YOUR DISK ARRAY BECUASE THERE ARE NO MORE AVAILABLE DISKS."

here i am able to see all the disks using sam (12disks)
pls help me how to configure disk array
Exchange
13 REPLIES 13
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Re: Disk Array

Hi,

You have a Nike 20 disk array.

Go to Gridmanager and see te presentation screen. There, you will have a grid of disks according to your configuration. If all of the disks are marked "ENA" or "RDY", then you have all the disks attached to a LUN and can't create anymore. Only disks marked "UNB" can be used to create LUNs.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
shaikh_mahaboob
Frequent Advisor

hi

i dont know much about Diask array. the type of the array is A3232A with 12 disks. i dont know how to use gridmgr pls tell me more about disk array configuration here i am able to see all 12 disk each dish 4.2GB and it is showing 8/4.0 HP model 20 Disk Array controller.

Thanks

Shaikh Mahaboob
Exchange
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

This link will help you a lot:

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x8037af48a9e5d5118ff40090279cd0f9,00.html

Here are some manuals you will need, in particular the user's guide:

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/manindex/hphighavai19164_eng_man.html

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
shaikh_mahaboob
Frequent Advisor

hi
Vince

Disk array model is C2300 Array still i am not able to understand pls if u can tell me clear i will do it

thanks

Shaikh
Exchange
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

C2300 is a Nike 20.

Follow the links I gave you and it should be fine.

Explaining how to access Gridmanager here would take a long time. You need to have some manuals and I'm providing the links to them.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
shaikh_mahaboob
Frequent Advisor

hi
Vince

I dont have Disk array manules and othere docs also i am able to see front and back of the diskarray through the SAM

thanks

Shaikh
Exchange
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Click on the below link:

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/manindex/hphighavai19164_eng_man.html

for manuals. You can download them from here. You need Adobe Acrobat Reader to be able to view them. Download this software from www.adobe.com if you don't have it.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
Insu Kim
Honored Contributor

I think that all 12 disks have already configured but if you'd like to create the LUN again with different factors like RAID level, stripe segment size, the first thing that you have to do is to unbind the existing LUNs.
I think that you can do this in SAM.
Highlight an item C2300 and unbind it under Action field, I guess.
After unbinding, SAM's not going to generate a message any more "SAM IS UNABLE TO BIND A NEW LUN ON YOUR DISK ARRAY BECUASE THERE ARE NO MORE AVAILABLE DISKS".

Hope this helps,
Never say "no" first.
shaikh_mahaboob
Frequent Advisor

hi

There is not option in action tab to unbind.

as u said using RS-232 cable i have connected to disk array and i have changed the setting and after powern Disk Array not booting with Grid Manager i mean not displays Grid manager screen now tell me what to do .

thanks

Shaikh Mahaboob
Exchange