New Discussion юеВ

Disk Array

SOLVED
Go to solution
shaikh_mahaboob
Frequent Advisor

Disk Array

Hi

I am getting error while removing logical volume through SAM , logical volume name is oradba and VG01 error is Lvremove :could not delete logical volume "/dev/vg01/oradba The specifed logical volume is open or a Sparing operation is in progress. At the time of binding i was created volume group name called oradba when i was creating this VG binding was not completed so now please tell me how to remove this logical volume group.

Thanks
Shaikh
Exchange
8 REPLIES 8
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Re: Disk Array

Hello,

Is the logical volume mounted ona directory? If yes, you need to unmount first before removing the logical volume. All data of it will be lost.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
shaikh_mahaboob
Frequent Advisor

Hi

There is mount point for that logical volume.

Thanks
Shaikh
Exchange
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Run:

umount /directory

where /directory is the directory where /dev/vg01/oradba is mounted.

Then try to remove logical volume.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
shaikh_mahaboob
Frequent Advisor

Hi
sorry there is no mount point for that Please go through my first message

Thanks
Shaikh
Exchange
David Bell_1
Honored Contributor

Shaikh,

Are there any Oracle processes running that are accessing this LV?

Do a man on "fuser" and see if any processes are attached to that specific volume. If so, you will need to kill the processes associated to that LV when it's possible to do so safely. After that, you should be able to remove it.

What kind of disk array is this?

HTH,

Dave
shaikh_mahaboob
Frequent Advisor

HI

There is no oracle processes, there is command to remove from lmm tab file i dont remember once i found that from net only now i did not remember that command using that command u can remove that entry from that lmm something i dont remember that file name , if u run that command it will generate that file again with current file system please if u remember pls let me know.
Thanks

Shaikh
Exchange
David Bell_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Shaikh,

I think you're referring to vgscan. This will recreate the /etc/lvmtab if one doesn't exist. If you intend to do this, be sure that you create a copy of the old one! If you wish to look at the current contents, type "strings /etc/lvmtab". If you do a "bdf" does this volume show mounted? Are there any other logical volumes in VG01?

Dave
shaikh_mahaboob
Frequent Advisor

Hi
when i do bdf it is not showing any logial volume with that name. and also there is no mount point for that logical volume. Please read my first message .

Thanks
Shaikh

Exchange