Disk Enclosures
1748256 Members
3963 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Disk is full-- how to add new hard disks in RAID1 for already configured RAID1

taher_1
Occasional Contributor

Disk is full-- how to add new hard disks in RAID1 for already configured RAID1

Hi,
I have Proliant ML370 G4 server with database installled in it. It has currently 4 hard disks and first two are in RAID1 and O/S is stored here.

3rd and 4th are used to store data which is in RAID1. now these two are full. (each one is 148gb)

Want to add two more hard diks of 148gb each ( biggest size this server supports is 148gb) to existing hard disks in RAID1 so that when 3rd and 4th are full data should be written to newly added hard disks.

Thanx
3 REPLIES 3
TTr
Honored Contributor

Re: Disk is full-- how to add new hard disks in RAID1 for already configured RAID1

You can add two more disks but not in the way you are thinking off (to overflow to the new disks when the first two disks get full). You can add two disks to the exisiting data array and convert from raid type raid1 to raid type raid10.
You have to check if your raid controller has this feature first.
bhola
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Before adding new disk please we 100% sure that all data is backed up or not.

Thanks,
bhola
taher_1
Occasional Contributor

Hi TTR,
Could you plz tell me how to add new hard disks to the server like brief procedure. I am worried that i might stuff it up.