1752689 Members
5528 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ds2100 Misbehaving

S.Arunkumar
Trusted Contributor

Ds2100 Misbehaving

I have a DS 2100 with 3 hard disk built on raid 5 with 4si raid card on a rp5430 server.
For last two months the raid is rebuilding automatically by saying one of the harddisk is failed and it makes it online within seconds and starts rebuilding the harddisk changes randomly sometime both the disks failed we have to manually make it online.Now I have replaced one of the defective disk.Today it says another disk as failed can someone guide me is there some other failure occuring here.I attach the relevnt log files as of today and the state of previous failure.
Can somebody help on this please
5 REPLIES 5
e4services
Honored Contributor

We have seen this before. HP also has reported that sometimes the RAID controller is a bit too smart, and logs a drive failure from something it sees in the drives firmware. If the drives have not truely started developing bad sectors, it sould be that the controller is simply misrepresenting the condidion of the drive.
Up until now has the new drive stayed online?
You could check the physical drive with SeaTools to see if there actuall IS problems with the drives.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
S.Arunkumar
Trusted Contributor

Dear All,
These Harddisks I checked with Seatools.All these disks are perfectly o.k.No Bad sectors marked on these disks.I suspect some problem with Raid card firmware.Can somebody help me is there any upgraded firmware available for this 4si raid card and how to upgrade with the current firmware.currently I have firmware of U.01.06.Earlier reply will be thankfull since situation os getting critical.
HGN
Honored Contributor

Hi

From the info the best would be to get the controller replaced and after this if it still comes this time it should be some disk, the vendor, I think HP should work with you to get this resolved.

Rgds

Gopi
S.Arunkumar
Trusted Contributor

HI,

Thanks for the responses

Finally we replace the DS2100 with another model it resolved the problem
S.Arunkumar
Trusted Contributor

As above