1752482 Members
5923 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Dual Controller Interconnect port on HSV210

Jeff Hui
Occasional Contributor

Dual Controller Interconnect port on HSV210

From web, I found there is a "Dual Controller Interconnect" port on each HSV210. Is it new?

The mirror ports are still there. Is it necessary to connect that "Dual Controller Interconnect Cable"? And the cable is shipped as default?
3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: Dual Controller Interconnect port on HSV210

The interconnect was intended for a 'cross-kill' capability so that one controller could force a stop/restart of the partner. I have not seen any information if it is really used today. Why would you not connect it? It is a part of the complete system!

Anyway, I have built a number of HSV200-based systems from scratch and the cable has always been supplied. I'd expect that it is supplied with the HSV210 controller assembly as well. I was connected in all completely assembled HSV210 configurations I have worked with.
Jeff Hui
Occasional Contributor

As I haven't this cable for my EVA4100 and suspect whether the cable should come with EVA or not.

And it seems I got no errors if this cable is missing.

Also, I read my EVA3K/5K student guide, there is no such interconnect port as well. So I imagine what is it use for?
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello Jeff,

the EVA3000 and 5000 have other controllers.

EVA3000 - HSV100
EVA5000 - HSV110

Was you EVA a field or factory integrated EVA? Was is delivered fully configured in a rack or in parts?

As Uwe already said:

"The interconnect was intended for a 'cross-kill' capability so that one controller could force a stop/restart of the partner."

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick