4660 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EMC CLARION

SOLVED
Go to solution

EMC CLARION

Hi,
does anybody has some experience with taking snapshots on clarion with NAVICLI agentom from HPUX. Is it posible to use Snapshot from the production host or it is mandatory to have backup host. What about MCSG in this configuration. Can anybody share some backup scripts with me? Thank you in advance,
Hrvoje
2 REPLIES 2
Edward Thibeault

Do you mean snapcopy?
Pal Szabo_1
Valued Contributor
Solution

Hi!

I have experience with the making snapshots on NT with clarion.
My tips:
If you buy a Snapshot option
you received an admsnap utility cd.This cd contains a pdf file with a useful examples.
Here are the example scripts, which we use.The prejob script runs before we make the backup, and the postjob, which runs after the backup.
The prejob script make the F: drive avaliable.
The postjob umounts this drive.

The prejob script:
It runs first a navicli program.It will starts the session, with a snapshot, which we specified on the Clarion before.
The IP address is the IP address of the clarion SP
address.Please take care, zou should run navicli on the SP, which is you snapshot lun is.
The other cannot run the session.
The second program (admsnap)
activate the session, and
maps the drive.

The postjob script:
It flush the drive unmounts
the drive with admsnap, and
stop the session with navicli command.

>Is it posible to use >Snapshot from the production >host or it is mandatory to >have backup host
We run this scripts on backup
host.You can run the navicli commands on other hosts, or on the clarion through management interface.
But you must run the admsnap commands on the backup host, which mounts the snapshot drives.

>What about MCSG in this configuration.
>
I don't have experience.
I think it should be works on it, because it is supported on Microsoft Cluster.

prejob.bat:

C:\Progra~1\EMC\Navisphere\navicli -h 172.16.25.82 snapview -startsession BUDCL1ADACTA2_IIS_SESSION -snapshotname BUDCL1ADACTA2_IIS_SNAP
C:\Progra~1\EMC\Navisp~3\admsnap activate -s BUDCL1ADACTA2_IIS_SESSION -d F:
net share F$=F:
postjob.bat

rem C:\Progra~1\EMC\Navisp~3\admsnap flush -o F:
C:\Progra~1\EMC\Navisp~3\admsnap deactivate -s BUDCL1ADACTA2_IIS_SESSION
C:\Progra~1\EMC\Navisp~2\navicli -h 172.16.25.82 snapview -stopsession BUDCL1ADACTA2_IIS_SESSION -o

Regards:
Paul