New Discussion юеВ

EMU SETUP

SOLVED
Go to solution
jtenzo
Occasional Advisor

EMU SETUP

Hi all,

I have a MSA30 hooked up to a xw8000 workstation running Windows 2000 Advanced Server. In the back of the unit I have a LCD only port on my EMU card. My questions are: What kind of cable am I going to need? Part number if applicable would be appreciated. Also, How, What, and Where would the cable from the LCD only port go to? Server, etc? If there are any links to help me get my EMU working correctly that would be even better. Any and all help will be rewarded and appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: EMU SETUP

Many years ago, Compaq sold a special floor-stand version of the MSA30. The LCD was part of the outer frame where the MSA30 did slide into.
jtenzo
Occasional Advisor

"Many years ago, Compaq sold a special floor-stand version of the MSA30. The LCD was part of the outer frame where the MSA30 did slide into."

What I'm hearing is that the LCD port actually means an LCD as in Liquid Crystal Display? Please forgive me if I am off. I am a newbie in this arena.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Right, LCD means that some diagnostic signals went to an alphanumeric display that was part of the outer frame. As far as I know, those signals have not been documented for end-users.

I've looked into my archive and found that the inner box was even 2 generations before the MSA30. I'll try to attach a marketing picture.
cnb
Honored Contributor

Yes, check this page and see the display part number:

http://www.ambry.com/page/model/3R-A4075-AA.html

Rgds,
cnb
Honored Contributor

jtenzo
Occasional Advisor

Thanks so very much for all the help. I have very much appreciated it. I will now close this thread.
jtenzo
Occasional Advisor

Solution given by Uwe Zessin and Cnb.