New Discussion юеВ

ERROR 1974 ON SA6402 ARRAY CONTROLLER

SOLVED
Go to solution
EVA KINYANJUI
Occasional Contributor

ERROR 1974 ON SA6402 ARRAY CONTROLLER

Hi Guys,
I am getting "ERROR 1974" on several servers. The error seems to be with the battery charging circuit of the array controller but even when we give the server time to charge the battery the error remains. Has any one got an idea what this error exactly paints to?
5 REPLIES 5
Solution

Re: ERROR 1974 ON SA6402 ARRAY CONTROLLER

Hi Eva,

I'm assuming you are getting this error on POST. But you have not mentioned any text which appears besides this error.
The first thing to do would be to update the firmware of the controller as older firmware might have some bugs and may be issuing false messages.
The latest firmware for this controller is 2.76A and is downloadable form HP's website.
After the upgrade allow two days for the controller to charge fully.

Hi Eva,

I'm assuming you are getting this error on POST. But you have not mentioned any text which appears besides this error.
The first thing to do would be to update the firmware of the controller as older firmware might have some bugs and may be issuing false messages.
The latest firmware for this controller is 2.76A and is downloadable form HP's website.
After the upgrade allow two days for the controller to charge fully.

If this does not solve the problem contact HP solution center and get the Cache Batteries replaced.

I hope this helps!
Prabhulj
Valued Contributor

Hi Eva,

The Error message you are referring to must be 1794 during POST.
These could be the possible explanations for the Error
> Array Accelerator Battery Depleted - Data Lost
>Array Accelerator Battery Charge Low...
>Array Accelerator is temporarily disabled.
>Array Accelerator will be re-enabled when battery reaches full charge.

Possible Cause: The battery charge is below 75 percent. Posted writes are disabled.
Action: Replace the array accelerator board if the batteries do not recharge within 36 to 72 powered-on hours.

NOTE: A False Battery Failure Message was noticed with controllers running on Firmware below 2.48.
Before replacing the battery, upgrade the firmware on the SA Controller.

Refer Customer Advisory

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=PSD_EX040528_CW01&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Hope this Helps :-)

Regards,
Prabhu

EVA KINYANJUI
Occasional Contributor

Hi guys,
Prabhu, you are right the error is 1794.
Thank you so much guys, i will go ahead and update the firmware.
EVA KINYANJUI
Occasional Contributor

I WILL UPDATE THE FIRMWARE OF THE ARRAY CARDS. THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO HELP OUT