New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA 3000 Command View Disk issue

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dave Thomson
Super Advisor

EVA 3000 Command View Disk issue

Morning

We replaced a disk on our EVA3000. Followed normal procedure. Added the disk to the disk group - disk group done a rebuild.

Problem.

Command view still shows the disk in the disk group as failed - it has a red line through it, and will not show properties. The hardware tab reports the disk as good.
I have no available disks to add to any group, so it must have accepted the changes.
Disk group originally consisted of 30 disks, now reported as 29.
The jbod shows no error lights on the disk.
Their is also no errors in the error logs, except from the failed disk we replaced.

Im assuming something is wrong with the update feature in command view.

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Dave,
what browser are you using? Did you set it according to the recommendations? Does it help when you clear the whole cache?

If that does not help, I would try a restart of the EVA management agent. Goto [Settings], then [Manage Tools]. Select the "command view eva" application and [stop] it. Wait a bit and restart.
Dave Thomson
Super Advisor

Hello

IE 6 issues.

Thanks for your help. I would never have though it.

Cheers
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Oh well - I am a long-time user (since EVA version 1) and it really has improved over time. Today I still see ghosts from time to time. It can help to click on the same object a second time or select a completely different entity. I really understand the frustation when the display does not represent the truth - I share your pain (there is a proverb in Germany: 'divided pain is half the pain').
Mike Naime
Honored Contributor

I have gotten into the routine to cycle the CVE process on the appliance to see if that clears up these hardware anomolies when we repair hardware.

My opinion -- While the EVA continues to function, The Appliance reporting feature leaves a LOT to be desired.

Mike
VMS SAN mechanic
David Bodey
Advisor

I just expereienced the same problem. Dave, what did you do to clear the problem - refresh your browser cache for restart Command View?