1748139 Members
3757 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA 4000: FC Port Misconfig

Lance Gerald
Occasional Contributor

EVA 4000: FC Port Misconfig

Currently, I have this problem that I have not solved yet. I 'uninitialize' my EVA 4000 so that I can start over again. When I was trying to configure it again, I encountered the error, "FC Port Misconfig", flashing on the controller screens. The funny thing was that the FC connection were fine. The WWN I entered was also correct. I have already tried following the instructions on the manual on how to configure the EVA4000 but to no avail. I need your help.
5 REPLIES 5
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA 4000: FC Port Misconfig

Have you tried totally shutting down the EVA while it is uninitialized?

Also, there are other fibre ports. Check your cabling in the back to make sure your backend loops are correct.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

You can ignore this 'error' as long as the system is not initialized - I have seen it on other EVAs, too.
Lance Gerald
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I already shut down the system totally. I have also tried to ignore the error. However, when I tried to create a new storage array through the HP Command View, it did not see any storage array available. By the way, the system was working fine prior to the "uninitialization", so I am sure the FC connections were fine.
Mustafa Gulercan
Respected Contributor

hi;
there may be a FC loop switch error.Loop switches are not recognized by the storage management appliance;therefore,no specific errors are reported for loop switches.Loop switc problems may cause problems to be reported by controller or disk enclosures that connect with the loop switches.So do not assume that because a specific component is reporting errors,that component is bad.You must look at all connections to and from the suspect component.Finally you may restart the controllers one by one.

regards;
mustafa
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Considering that this is an EVA4000... there are no Loop Switches.... just Loops. Eitherway, you should still check your loops and make sure all is snug, maybe even removing each connection and reseating them... one by one.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)