3849 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA 4000's WWN

Hasan_9
Regular Advisor

EVA 4000's WWN

Hello,
Is it possible to change a WWN of an EVA4000 withour uninitialization?
I mean there is a operational EVA, Is it possible to change WWN of it without data and configuration lost?

Hasan
5 REPLIES 5
Luk Vandenbussche
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA 4000's WWN

I don't think this is possible.

Why would you do this.
Each EVA has its own WWN and it is a unique value
whiz_kid
Regular Advisor

wht exactly you want to do ? do you want to change the controller SFPs ?
Hasan_9
Regular Advisor

Hello,

I want to change WWN of one of EVAs without uninitialized it. One of the guys input another EVA's WWN at the time of initialization and we have some license limitation in regards to use BC and CA. So I want to use correct WWN on this EVA and I cann not do this by new initialization.

Hasan
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I don't think you can do this. The WWN can only be entered via the OCP of the controllers, and it only lets you do that if the EVA is uninitialised. You would have to backup all data and EVA configuration, uninitialise the array, power-cycle the EVA, then type in the correct WWN and checksum when the EVA reboots. Then re-initialise the array, re-create the configuration and restore all data. Sorry, but I don't see any other way.

Regards,
Stephen
Mark...
Honored Contributor

As above, it is NOT possible to change the WWN of the controllers without initializing them.
Perform a full data backup first then you could save the configuration of your ctrls using SSSU. Uninit EVA pair. Now put in your new WWN and you could now recover your original configuration very quickly by copying it back with the script that you saved. Again this would be with SSSU.
Once complete you would need to do a restore of your data.
Alternatively you could always contact HP and see if you can transfer your new licences to the EVA WWN that you already have. I do not know if this is possible or what cost may be involved but if it was possible then it would save you time and your data.
Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...