Disk Enclosures
1752288 Members
4367 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA 4400, CVEVA and SNMP == crash

Kumpu

EVA 4400, CVEVA and SNMP == crash

Has anybody received a solution for this (CVAEVA 8.00.01.080529)?

After adding SNMP address to EVA, CVEVA crashes and I'm unable to login to EVA anymore via CVEVA.

CVEVA service crashes on startup, tries to restart 3 times and finally stays on stopped mode. IF I remove servers, that hosts CVEVA, fibre connection to EVA via Zone Administrator (remove alias from zone), CVEVA stays on. I can then add server back to zone and access CVEVA, but if I do discover for EVA, CVEVA service crashes again.

So far:
- Tried to remove {LUN}-directory from cache -folder, no luck. After running discover in CVEVA theres only one file that show snmp-server.
- Accessed EVA via management port in HSV300, cannot remove SNMP that way :(
- Tried to access EVA via SSSU, but cannot contact to EVA for some reason, even if CVEVA service is on and server is in right Zone.

Any help except resetting the controllers? If I do reset the controllers, do I lose disk-arrays etc. that are already configured in EVA?
3 REPLIES 3
Kumpu

Ok, some updates:

- Finally success with SSSU, found a way to cause CVEVA service to die, just gave rediscover command.

- Tried "automaticly adjust clock for daylight saving changes" trick that was mentioned in similar problems with CVEVA 7, no luck.

- Updated CVEVA to 8.00.02, no luck
Kumpu

Finally success:

- Updated management module to newest version (abm.pkg that came with Command View EVA 9.1)

- After that, I could access EVA via IP:2372 and remove SNMP address. Voil├Г┬б!

Now CVEVA ver 8.02 works again...
Kumpu

... read above!