New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA 4400 WOCP display doesn't match on CV

SOLVED
Go to solution
Oktovianus
Frequent Advisor

EVA 4400 WOCP display doesn't match on CV

Hi all,

I tried to change the port topology via WOCP on the new EVA4400. But once I took a check on the controller status, it said one of my controller was unknown and I couldn't change the controller config (config controller host port and config controller device port).
It even said that one of the controller failed and I can't 'enable the port pair' even if I've made sure that the cabling config is OK.

Then I came back to the CV and there was no error display on any controller and I can click on those two controllers to see both of the informations.

So, can anyone help me with this problem?

Note that the XCS version is 09003000 and the management firmware is 1.00.00.080211

7 REPLIES 7
Oktovianus
Frequent Advisor

FYI,

I need to change both controller's port topology and I just succeed on one controller. If there's any other way to change the port topology into direct, please let me know. Thnx.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Bug. I have seen it on a number of 4400s.

You need to upgrade the controllers to XCS 09004000 and the WOCP to 0001.0020 (although it says 1.00.00.080916 after the upgrade).
JaMeS_311
Advisor

hi,

Uwe is right. i had the same problems on multiple sites using EVA4400. the fix for this problem was solved following upgrade of firmware to 09004000 and consequent upgrade of WOCP to 1.00.00.080916.

just make sure you upgrade the Controllers' firmware first, then the WOCP.

P.S. The WOCP may not reboot automatically following the firmware upgrade as described in the release notes. just reboot it manually if it does not refresh within half an hour.

James
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

James,
did the WOCP already have a non-default IP address before you ran the firmware upgrade? I have see the WOCP behaving very strange running 'out-of-the-box'. After the firmware upgrade, I had to press the // button to get back to the 192.168.0.1 address. On a different system I initialized the EVA first to be able to assign a different IP address - that worked much better after the firmware upgrade !!
Oktovianus
Frequent Advisor

Hi Uwe and James,

Just to inform that everything goes normal after upgrading XCS version and management firmware. Thnx for the helps.
gune01

Hi

i have having the same problem, could not initialise the storage system and one of the controller is not lit up.

firware version is 0900300

would appreciate if someone can help me on how to upgrade the hsv300 firware.
the instruction says
i cant find this location

In the Navigation pane, select the storage system you want to upgrade. The properties window for the selected storage system opens.
Click Code load. TheCodeLoadStorage System-Page1window opens.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Hi, that's done from Command View. Even if you cannot communicate with the controllers from the management module, you should be able to see one or both in Command View.
There's where you have the "Code load" button. Press it and choose the folder where you have the firmware.
Do not forget to update management module firmware too.