4922 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA 5000 to 8000 upgrade

Joerg Fischer
Valued Contributor

EVA 5000 to 8000 upgrade

Hallo,
I would like updaten an EVA 5000 on EVA 8000. Does somebody know, if is there an upgrade?

Joerg
3 REPLIES 3
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA 5000 to 8000 upgrade

I just read at HP's Storage Web site that it is poosible to upgrade EVA 5000 to EVA 8000. You need to contact HP to get more information.

I would say the upgradation would consist of replacing the HSV 110 controllers to HSV 210
with VCS/XCS software , upgradation of CV and doing migration of EVA metadata with new controller/VCS s/w.
I am sure you are aware of the advantages of making EVA 5000 to EVA 8000.

Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Joerg:

Last I heard, HP was going to offer upgrade paths to its customers, but not before the initial EVA "G2" launch. Best guess is they want to get the initial line out into the market as new installations before committing to an upgrade process, and maybe work out some bugs.

It would be several months before HP could actually muster up the service/field people to handle the initial upgraders let alone those whom just "wanted to do it to be 'current'".

I would keep on the look out and/or ask your local field service rep, if you have one, when they plan on starting upgrades for customers.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Joerg Fischer
Valued Contributor

;