Failed to get performance interface

How can I resolve/troubleshoot it?

Thanks
Jason
6 REPLIES 6
Sivakumar MJ._1
Respected Contributor

Re: [EVA Performance Monitor] Failed to get performance interface

Can u let us know the steps you followed..

Try

>evaperf rc NodeName
>evaperf all -cont 10 -dur 86400 -csv -ts2 -sz wwid >NodeName.csv
ks6542
Valued Contributor

Try Restarting EVA perf services.
Vishal_mcse
Occasional Advisor

Hi, even one of my customer getting the same error. Customer has EVA8400, Cv EVA is 9.1, we even tried rebooting the server & also restarting the EVA performance data collector service, but no luck. Also none of the commands are working, same error "Failed to get performance interface". Customer earlier had command view 8 & everything was fine. Issue occurred after upgrading to command view 9.1. Customer had uninstalled v8 & then installed v9.1.
Any suggestions please.
Bill Costigan
Honored Contributor

Make sure the user name you are logged in as is in the storage management group.

I didn't get this particular error but a similar one when trying to log evaperf statistics through MS perfmon.

The perfmon service's logon was using a user name that was not in the EVA's management group. Once I changed it to the same user that I used to run CommandView I could collect and log the statistics.

Vishal_mcse
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your reply Bill. Customer is using the same user to logon to Command View EVA, but still would reconfirm it & also as you told would check the EVA performance service logon also. Would let you know the result on the same.
CHJ39
Occasional Visitor

Here's my recommendation for anyone who happens across this thread, as I did.  Well, anyways, this is how I fixed my systems when I encountered the issue.  Some of these steps might be extraneous, or probably not necessary and certainly not particularly good security but I've wrestled with it enough to be jaded & just do them anyway.

1 - Set up an account on the system for EVAPerf services.  A domain account is easiest because you can use it across multiple systems.

2 - Put your own account and this user account from step 1 in the "HP Storage Admins" group on all systems running evaperf, clients and servers. 

3 - Run the following command on the evaperf server, i.e. the system that has direct fiber connectivity to your EVAs:  "evaperf.exe fnh YourServerNameHere YourDomain\YourUser" and enter the password when prompted.

4 - Confirm that THIS server can see EVA performance stats when running evaperf.  If it can't, there's no way your client systems will.

5 - Run "evaperf fn" to download the friendly names.

6 - After confirming that the main evaperf server is working correctly, run the following command on your client system(s):  "evaperf.exe server YourServerName YourTCPPortNumber YourDomain\YourUser"  (note that the default port is 860, and you do actually have to enter the word 'server' after evaperf.exe, don't replace that part with an actual server name)

7 - Run the following command on your client system(s):  "evaperf.exe fnh YourServerNameHere YourDomain\YourUser" and enter the password when prompted.

8 - Test it - see if you can get some performance stats out of it.  If so, stop here & go have a beer.

If not - check your trace log.  It should indicate the IP address of the host and port it was trying to connect to (especially important if you've moved your evaperf server service to a new system).  Secondly, run netstat -anb on your evaperf server to make sure evapdcs.exe is listening on port 860. 

Your results may vary.