6321 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA Performances

Beno├оt
Regular Advisor

EVA Performances

Hi,

Does anybody have performances charts on EVAs?
What is the max I/O EVAs can perform? (just theoretical is enough)

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Beno├оt
Regular Advisor

Good! Thanks!
I didn't see it before.

Is it possible to calculate in some way, depending of number of disks?
Beno├оt
Regular Advisor

Don't you find strange that IOPS are the same for EVA3000, 4000, 5000, and 6000?
Thomas J. Harrold
Trusted Contributor

could be that the stats are based on "controller pair". I've seen different charts that show IOPS in various configurations. (ie number of shelves, disks, disk speeds, etc.

If I can find it, I'll re-post.

-tjh
I learn something new everyday. (usually because I break something new everyday)
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

The 141k IOPS stated in the Quickspecs are maximums with 100% cache hits (all data is in cache). It's a measurement of processor speed and cache bandwidth and latency.

The actual number of IOPS you will see depends heavily on your particular workload and number and type of drives used.

Typical numbers you will see in the field are approximately 100-120 IOPS per 10K RPM drive, and 160-185 IOPS per 15K RPM drive, given a generic workload of 4-8k blocks and limited randomness.

So, if you work it out... 240 15k drives is about 42,000 IOPS at 175 IOPS per drive and no cache hits.

You may see better or worse performance depending on your individual workload - the cache can increase your performance exponentially if you get a good cache hit ratio.

Good luck,

Vince
No matter where you go, there you are.