1752414 Members
5766 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA SmartStart v3.0.1

hpite
Frequent Advisor

EVA SmartStart v3.0.1

Has anyone tried to use EVA SmartStart v3 to create, present and mount storage to an application server?

I came across a HP VDS provider failure. The HP VDS provider was installed by EVA SmartStart in the wizard. When I checked, I found that the volume was created on the EVA and presented, but on the server, the volume was not mounted. I could manually mount it.

So it appears SmartStart is not able to instruct the OS to mount the volume for some reason.
6 REPLIES 6
Rampy(Venu)
Frequent Advisor

Re: EVA SmartStart v3.0.1

The reason behind manual mounting:--

As an alternative to using some of the features in HP SmartStart EVA Storage, you can use the advanced commands in HP Command View EVA to:
├в ┬в Initialize newly installed HP EVA storage systems using advanced commands.
├в ┬в Create storage volumes using advanced commands (requires manual mounting).
├в ┬в Access all the features in HP Command View EVA.

For automatic mounting use this procedure below:--

1. Insert the HP SmartStart EVA Storage CD into the application server and accept the license terms.
The main menu appears.
2. Do one of the following:
├в ┬в Select Start Now > Configure FC application server.
├в ┬в Select Start Now > Configure iSCSI application server.
3. The selected wizard feature appears. Follow the instructions in the wizard.

If you need to control how disk groups are created on a storage system, do not use HP SmartStart EVA Storage for initialization. Instead, use HP Command View EVA.

I think you might have used HP CVEVA to initialize the EVA and create,present vdisk in that case you need to manually mount it.And i feel that should be a recommendation.Please reply.
hpite
Frequent Advisor

No, I used EVA SmartStart to configure an FC application server. But in the middle of the wizard, it gives an error that it cannot mount the volume on the server.

Today, I will be trying the newer version SmartStartv3.1 to see if it resolves this issue.
Rampy(Venu)
Frequent Advisor

That's a good option to try.
hpite
Frequent Advisor

Ok, SmartStart v3.1 solves the problem. I think the key difference is the HP VDS hardware provider version. The older version 4.02 has a problem
Rampy(Venu)
Frequent Advisor

Good job.Thanks for replying back with resolution.
hpite
Frequent Advisor

Closing this thread