Disk Enclosures
1752577 Members
4505 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

EVA on Windows MSCS Cluster

EVA on Windows MSCS Cluster

Hello,

I have to setup some Windows 2003 SP1 MSCS Cluster Systems on 2 EVA 5000 Systems which are already in operation at the customer site.

The Configurations at the EVA and SAN Switches are already done and the disks are also presented, but I can't see them in the Securepath or in Logical Volume Manager. Since this happens on all Servers, I'm shure something is generally wrong;-)

The Servers are Proliandt DL class with FCA2214 or FCA2214DC. EVA has VCS Version 3.0.28 the other one 3.0.20 (will be upgraded to 3.0.28 soon)

Here is what I installed and in which order:

Windows 2003 Enterprise Server with SP1
Latest Windows Updates
Storport Drivers 9.0.2.16
Securepath for Windows 4.0C with SP2
That's it.

Is something missing?

I have read something about the "EVA Platform Kit" which could be downloaded at http://www.hp.com/go/evaplatformkit
After loooooong searches I was able to download EVA Windows Platform Kit 3.0F (is this the cuurent version???)

On some forum threads, people said that EVA Platform Kit is outdated. Is that right?? What is the alternative?

All comments are helpful.

Kind regards
1 REPLY 1
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA on Windows MSCS Cluster

Try the new drivers... 9.1.0.18

" http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=315741&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=315739&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005 "

You do not need the Platform kit anymore.

All you need is the latest driver for your HBA.

Can you see the EVA in your Device Manager under SCSI and RAID controllers?

Also, grab SANSurfer. Is a good utility to check to see WHAT you can see via your HBA's. Download from that same page.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)