4437 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA storage monitoring by Openview

AlexZhang
Frequent Advisor

EVA storage monitoring by Openview

Hi there,
I just post this at Openview forum but I wonder if someone here can help me.

Do you have any experience on this integration? one of my customers load the EVA MIBs into NNM but still getting crypted events, It shows the events are for EVA,just the actual contents are just a bunch of numbers...
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Alex
6 REPLIES 6
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

I thought the EVA was monitored by WEBES or SMI-S via the Command View EVA server. Only the EVA4400 has a LAN port and that is on the Web Based Operator Control Panel (WOCP).
There is new firware for it, but it doesn't yet support WEBES or SMI-S directly.
Mom 6
AlexZhang
Frequent Advisor

What the customer wants is to monitor EVA by Openview NNM product. This needs to be done by SNMP instead of SMI-S. Command View has the ability of sending snmp trap to Openview, but my question is regarding how to correctly translate those traps into viewable events...
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Hi,
the mechanism is the following (but you should have the OVO server)
EVA Webes sends the EVA MIB traps to the NNM and the trap daemon there is sending them to the OVO template and if it matches, it passes to the OVO and from there it can be routed to the ticketing system...
the pain is one part of the reality
AlexZhang
Frequent Advisor

Those messages are like below,

servername.companyname.com SCellNameTimeDate SPEVA2: 13-Jan-2009/12:23:53 : SWCID 9 : ECode 62 : CAC 66 : EIP 14

Any idea?
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

http://discussitnow.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!A4408C121568CAA4!1031.entry

This may be of interest for monitoring the EVA via MOM.
Mom 6
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1234300909883+28353475&threadId=1162710

Use HP SIM to get the information from the EVA via the CV Server then there is an OV SPI for SIM.
Mom 6