108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA3000 Error getting name in event log

SOLVED
Go to solution
daanj
Advisor

EVA3000 Error getting name in event log

Hello. We have problem with old eva3k. It works but when looking into event log I see a problem. On the top of the page there white WWN with Controller A name and gray with Controlller B.
But when looking into events below white events are signed Controller A but gray have "Error getting name" instead of Contr B (left part of the table, just under time and date).
What is it? How to fix it? I've restarted both controllers one by one, I've change name of B. It changed on top of the screen but event are still "error" signed
Please advise
Daniel
3 REPLIES 3
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA3000 Error getting name in event log

Hi,

If i am not wrong, you are using Command View EVA Version 9.3.

There is known issue with CV 9.3 that is going to be fix with next version of CV.

There is an offline procedure for this like, shutdown entire EVA, boot the EVA with Single controller(that is reflecting as "Error getting name"), and then verify in VC, then start the second controller like that.

But i am sure that it wont be any issue and better wait for next release of CV to fix it.

Thanks,
Siva
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

Small issue with the earlier procedure shared:

Below is the correct procedure:

Solution
This is a known cosmetic issue found in CV 9.3 and is expected to be addressed in future release.

Follow the steps given below as a work around to fix the issue:

├в ┬в Shutdown of the controller which is working correctly.
├в ┬в Restart Command View EVA service and then Discover the EVA with single controller.
├в ┬в Verify Event logs if the affected controller is reporting its name correctly.
├в ┬в Power-up other controller.
├в ┬в Verify both the controllers are reporting correctly in the event logs.
daanj
Advisor