New Discussion юеВ

EVA3000 SAN Appliance question

SOLVED
Go to solution
Charles McCary
Valued Contributor

EVA3000 SAN Appliance question

Group,
hey - we have a SAN appliance (proliant running windows 2000) that I'm thinking of trying to install a netbackup client on. Has anyone done something like this?

thanks,

Charlie
4 REPLIES 4
Niels Vejrup Pedersen
Respected Contributor
Solution

Re: EVA3000 SAN Appliance question

Hello,

All SMA-II and SMA-III are supported for re-imaging with Windows 2000/2003, and it's supported to install any backup client you like.

Regards,
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

There was a document used to describe which backup products where qualified with the stripped Windows 2000 version.

As support for the box has ended and no patches are produced I, too, suggest to check if you can put a plain Windows 2003 on the box.

Before you do that it is necessary to find out which functions of the SMA are really used/needed, e.g. the old "HSG element manager", a very old version of the "HSV element manager"/"Command View EVA" which cannot be installed on a plain Windows, the old BC framework, or products like Network View or "Storage Allocation Reporter".
Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor

Hi, I have an eva5000 whith a DL308 based management appliance and which when the eva was upgraded to 3.1 and command view to 6 we used smart start to build win server enterprise edition 2003 onto it and then installed webes and cv and it has been working fine ever since. (it now also runs CV tape edition for an esl 712).

thanks all