1752802 Members
5111 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA3000 shows only one HSV100-Controller in CV-EVA

Henry Manew

EVA3000 shows only one HSV100-Controller in CV-EVA

Hi guys,

I've a problem with my EVA3000. In CV-EVA (6.0) within 2 weeks only one controller (A) ist shown. The display of both controllers show the same output. All lights says "no problem".

Whats my problem?

Thanks in advance!

Henry
3 REPLIES 3
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA3000 shows only one HSV100-Controller in CV-EVA

Both controllers show the EVA name and WWN on the display?

Check the EAB cable (LAN cable connected to the left of each controller). There should be an Y-cable connecting both controllers to the EAB. Reconnect that cable on both controllers (no danger, this only gives the controllers the position number on the rack).
Henry Manew

Yes. Both controllers show the WWN and the storage system name identical. I've also reconnectet the Y-cable. No effect.

After reboot the stroage system first in CV-EVA no controller ist shown. After 6 mins controller A appears.

All LUNs an V-disks are in healthly state. The loops "A" and "B" are in "good" state.

The 2nd EVA managed by the CV-EVA shows all compnents correctly so it's cannot be an CV-EVA issue....
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

If one controller was failed, loops would appear failed, as they end on both controllers.
It's strange, the controller seems to be up and operational (check the events, see if you get events for both controllers), but does not show up in Command View.

Try to stop CV service and delete Command View cache folder:

c:\Program files\Hewlett Packard\SanWorks\Element Manager for Storageworks HSV\Bridge\logs

or

c:\Program files\Hewlett Packard\SanWorks\Element Manager for Storageworks HSV\Cache