Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Disk Enclosures
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVA400 disk enclosure without CAB cable

MAH_2
Regular Advisor

EVA400 disk enclosure without CAB cable

I want to connect the EVA 4000 disk enclosure with existing EVA4000.This EVA is working with 3 Disk enclosure.I want to add one more disk enclosure. But I didnot receive the CAB cable .Can I connect the disk enclosure without conncting the CAB cable????
If the CAB cable is required , what is the part no?????
I have tried to power ON the disk enclosure without conncting to the existing EVA, then it is giving the Beep.
5 REPLIES
Sudhakar Subramaniam
Trusted Contributor

Re: EVA400 disk enclosure without CAB cable

Yes you need a cable.

Please go to the cables info on the below quickspecs and it will give you the part also.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12408_div/12408_div.HTML
MAH_2
Regular Advisor

Thnaks,

I could not find any part no for CAB cable.

I need only for connecting to disk enclsoure expander cable.

Can u pls provide me the correct part no.

17-04876-03 . I have this part no. But for ordering the part thru HP I need the part no starting with xxxxxx-001. So if u can pls provide me the part no.
Sudhakar Subramaniam
Trusted Contributor

The one you have mentuioned is a spare part number and that is orderable through HP.

17-04876-03 Shelf cable - 26AWG
Sudhakar Subramaniam
Trusted Contributor
Louis Henninger_1
Regular Advisor

The CAB bus provides the shelf ID numbering. The beep indicates unknown.

If you look at Quickspecs for EVA4/6/8K, the partnumber for the expansion shelf kit is there. Using HP partsurfer you can plug in P/N, and display a BOM (all parts included in kit), P/n should be there.

Regards,

Louis