Re: EVA4000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bob Brason
Occasional Advisor

EVA4000

Hi we have problem with a EVA4000
when a port is deleted it resets the controller
however it does not come back up properly it displays a fault code then both controllers need to be restarted I have attached the log

thanks
mo

An optomist believes that we live in the best of all possible worlds, a pessist fears this to be true.
8 REPLIES 8
Dileep..
Trusted Contributor

Could you clarify which port you are deleting ?
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor
Solution

Man, you have several serious problems on this system:

1) Both batteries are marked as failed, this is an EVA4000, so there's only one per controller

Battery assembly "0" has malfunctioned. on controller 500508b40010701d
Battery assembly "0" has malfunctioned. on controller 500508b4001076f9

2) There are loss of access to vdisks

Indicated Virtual Disk has transitioned to Stalled Too Long

3) And controller reboots

Termination code: 0x0442011f (TC:0x0442011f (*Program Interrupt Vector Service Routine (PIVSR) entered with unhandled trap at Exception Vector 300, DSI exception (i.e., a data memory access cannot be performed).*));

4) And finally, problems on I/O A of enclosure 2

An HSV200 controller has detected only one port of all Fibre Channel devices in an enclosure. Good port ID: DP-1B; Missing port ID: DP-1A; Enclosure: 2.;

First recomendations, update to firmware 6110 or 6200, replace both batteries, replace I/O A on enclosure 2, see how it behaves after that.
DJMC
Regular Advisor

Hi Bob,
I agree with vcespon but I'd recommend sorting out the hardware issues first before upgrading the firmware.

D
Bob Brason
Occasional Advisor

Hi
thanks vcespon I appreciate your reply
if I replace the I/O A on enclosure 2 would this be the 2nd disk shelf?
upgrading the firmware maybe ok the systems worked before they were reallocated to another site however I would be grateful if you could let me know how to upgrade the firmware also if you could point me to the site were the firmware is located
many thanks

An optomist believes that we live in the best of all possible worlds, a pessist fears this to be true.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Disk enclosures are numerated bottom to top, they have their number on the back, in the EMU display.
I/O A is the right one looking from behind, the spare for the part is 364549-005.

The controller batteries are spare: 348879-005

The firmware update is not so urgent, but it would be convenient as a lot of bugs were corrected on 6.100 and 6.200.

Firmware 6.200 can be downloaded from here:
http://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=T4256-63113A

You'll need to update Command View to 8.0
http://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=CommandViewEVA8.0

From Command View, click "code load" and provide the folder where the firmware is.
Bob Brason
Occasional Advisor

I will arrange to have the parts replaced and I will let you the outcome this may take a couple of weeks
thanks again

Bob Brason
Occasional Advisor

Hi vcespon,
I have replaced the batteries and upgraded the firmware and all is well
my other question is how did you interpret the error codes are there any docs on this
many thanks
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

I'm glad that you could replace the failed hardware and leave the EVA in a much more stable situation.
Regading your question, let's say I have access to several GB of non-public documentation and tools as part of my job.