1748180 Members
4095 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA4100 disk group not showing the updated size

MAH_2
Regular Advisor

EVA4100 disk group not showing the updated size

i am using EVA4100, already one disk group is there. It is showing the proper size.
I have expanded the disk enclosure and added the 600 GB disk. (8 Nos.). Created another disk group.
I have tried to create the VDISK. After creating the VDSIK the size is not decreaing.
Always it is showing the same size as vraid0-2047,vraid5 2047, vraid 1627 etc. Even if add one more vdisk , the remaing space is showing same as above.
Why this is happening?pls help anybody knows
6 REPLIES 6

Try to restart the CV EVA service and check the status again.

What is the CV EVA version ?

Can you please share the configuration log so that I can tell you what exactly happening with this EVA ?

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

This happens every now and then, I saw it even with XCS 6.220 and CV 9.3. But it happened more often with older CV versions.
Usually it's just a cosmetic issue, but as you just added disks you may want to have somebody take a peak at the logs.

What xcs and cv version do you run?

3 things you can try:
a. restart command view (often does not help)

----
b. this is taken from 09522000 release notes but it applies for all Command Views that store stuff in this path.

1. Stop the HP Command View EVA service.
2. Rename the \Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Sanworks\Element Manager for StorageWorks HSV\cache\[EVA WWN]

directory to ...\[EVA WWN]_OLD.

3. Start the HP Command View EVA service.

HP Command View EVA will retrieve the controller log events that have occurred since the controller software upgrade.

If the controller log events from prior to the upgrade are needed, you must retrieve them from the previous ...\[EVA WWN]_OLD directory.

------

c. restart master controller (this helped most of the time).
Hansnorth

HI MAH

The Value you are seeing is the max value for a vdisk that you can create from the storage pool
As long as there is more than 2047 GB availble in the DR group is will show the values as below

vraid0-2047,vraid5 2047, vraid 1627 etc

If you used the storage space than the value will drop below the above

Hope this helps
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi
Just to add to the above...
2TB is the largest size Vdisk that a 4100 can present - also 3000/5000/4000/6000/ 6100/8000/8100 and the 4400 if it is 090xxxxx code

EVA4400/6400/8400 with XCS V095xxxxxx can present 32Tb drives.

Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

With 8x600GB=4800 should give you ~4800GB space if you don't have any drive protection.
It depends on how large vdisks you have created, if you've created more than 2000-3000GB of vdisks then the space available should be lower than 2047GB for vraid0 for that disk group.
MAH_2
Regular Advisor

When I started creating the 2 VDSIKs , it is
updating the size. Now the problem is solved.\
Thanks everybody