1752822 Members
4256 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA4400 Leveling Disk Group

adrian villegas
Advisor

EVA4400 Leveling Disk Group

Hi; I create 3 disk groups and create a Virtual Disk in each one, the Virtuals are 100% of the available space. Now a disk fail, and I replaced but the leveling is in 0% since two weeks ago.
I read that 5G space must be reservated in each Disk Group for leveling, snaps, etc.! I have no that space!
Now how can I start and finish the leveling o how can I add more space to the disk group?
I added a HDD but the operation failed, maybe because the disk group is waiting for the leveling to end!
Tx for your help...
2 REPLIES 2
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi
3 disk groups and only 1 vdisk in each disk group ?? - correct ??? Not the best configuration for an EVA.
OK - in the dg that has the failed disk do you have any protected space/sparing space ?? If you took the defaults when creating the dg then it will be set to single.
Modify this to "none" and then save the change. You will now have put 2 disks worth of capacity back into the dg which should help.
Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...
adrian villegas
Advisor

Hi Mark;
The vdisk are for Oracle DB ,one with 30 HDDs for data, RAID1, single (1908GB); one with 8 Hdd for LOGs RAID1, single; and one with 8 Hdds for Backups, RAID0, none. HP recomendation!
The one with 30 Hdds is created with the 100% space of the disk group. One HDD fail and was removed from de disk group. A alarm in status showed that have no space for support single proteccion, I selected None and the alarm was corrected. But theres a leveling indication that is in 0% since two weeks ago. Also I add the disk to the group but the operation failed with "description not available". I think that the pending leveling process not let the disk to be added. Also change the single to none proteccion needs the leveling! May I force the "add" with CLI or something like that? or may I start the leveling in other way? What happen if another HDDs fails?
The dg is also intensive I/O used, could the leveling take many days to complete?
I add the best practices, page 15 show the 5GB space for leveling, etc.
Thanks for your help!