Disk Enclosures
1748092 Members
5681 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA4400, Oracle 10g Cluster using ASM ...

damiri
Regular Advisor

EVA4400, Oracle 10g Cluster using ASM ...

Hello,

I have setup enviroment for our Oracle people to installa Oracle RAC. This should be simple per Oracle documentation but they ran in this error I am attaching it. This is first time I am setting up something for Oracle RAC and I did presentation of shared disk to both nodes. I can see the disk from both nodes and they are accessible. Is there anything else what needs to done in order to get this working ?

damiri
23 REPLIES 23
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

├В┬┐What operating system are you using?

Normally, if you follow the correct oracle installation guide for the operating system, you should not encounter extrange problems.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
damiri
Regular Advisor

It is Windows 2003 R2 Standard Edition, x64 bits. I think I have here issue with hosts files but Oracle people still complying about disk access ...
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Hi,
this could help you:
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=867442&tstart=0
the pain is one part of the reality
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

damiri
Regular Advisor

hm, looks like I do have some issues here with SAN configuration. I have two hosts, Windows 2003 R2 Stanard Edition, 64-bit. I create vdisk, I present it to both hosts. Both hosts are seeing this disk. However, when I create folder on one host on this shared disk, I don't see it on another. I checked domain accounts, I am using one account on both servers. For this to work, I need to have access from both servers. Any idea ?
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

>>> I create vdisk, I present it to both hosts. Both hosts are seeing this disk.

So far good.

>>> However, when I create folder on one host on this shared disk, I don't see it on another.

This is terribly bad. You should not even try that. To allow simultaneous access of a disk from both servers over a file system, you need a cluster file system, like veritas. Microsoft does not provides a cluster file system so you cannot access the same disk simultaneously from both nodes with a file system.

Using raw device, and Oracle, you can. That means, you must not format the shared disk.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
damiri
Regular Advisor

Then Ok. If I am able to see vdisk from both servers, then SAN configuration is Ok. Then what is the problem when Oracle Assistant is saying that there is a problem with shared storage ... I have no formatted partitions ...
damiri
Regular Advisor

Or if you have experience with Oracle RAC, how to force actually Oracle installation procedure to see shared storage. Apparently this is the issue since Windows can see shared disk but Oracle RAC Assistant can't...
JakeKn
Advisor

Hello,

Exactly same setup and we got same error 1073741819 in oracle clusterware configuration. Did you find a solution?