108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA4400 shutdown procedure ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA4400 shutdown procedure ?

I have a dim memory that I've read somewhere the embedded forward button from CV to WOCP and/or WOCP to CV does not always work properly and one should directly browse to the address:port
damiri
Regular Advisor

how to upgrade CV on WOCP?
damiri
Regular Advisor

"That is the first version which includes CV-EVA and is fine - all previous versions did only include the WOCP functionality. As CV-EVA runs on port 2372, it has now moved to port 2373"

what is latest version :-)?
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Today, it is the first and latest one ;-)

We will see how future upgrades will work, but I'd guess it will work the same way like today. Upgrade through the WOCP menue on port 2373.
damiri
Regular Advisor

thinking this is working Ok, we didn't purchase another server for this managment purpose nor we suggested to the customer since CV 8.1 doesn't work on Windows 2003 Standard Edition 64-bit per HP documentation. Is this really true ?
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

From what I have read, 8.1 is a special version for the WOCP. The 'standard' Windows version is 8.0.2.

I think the ability to run CV on the WOCP is hyped a bit too much - for examples, as of today some monitoring tools do not work with CVonWOCP.
damiri
Regular Advisor

You are probably right. What about CV on 64bit Windows ?
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I have installed it on Windows 2003 x64 and it works as described, if that was your question.
See the 'HP StorageWorks Enterprise Virtual Array compatibility reference' on the CV manuals page for support details.
damiri
Regular Advisor

ok, that was my question :-)
damiri
Regular Advisor

The first issue was solved by new firmware for EVA4400 ...