3998 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA5000 HDD serial numbers

Darius R
Advisor

EVA5000 HDD serial numbers

Hi,

is there any way to find out hdd serial numbers? In EVA command view i can see only HDD model, size and etc. I have tried using SSSU utility and managed to get more info about hdd, but again, there are no serial numbers.

Is there any utility that can show me HDD serial numbers?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

The serial number which is relevant for warranty / maintenance tracking is a small sticker glued to the disk - you really have to pull the disk and look at it - the information is not available electronically.
Mustafa Gulercan
Respected Contributor

you will see some serial numbers after you removed the HDD. :)
right one is included HP logo with color purple i think.
Darius R
Advisor

I think this is the dumbiest way to find out serial number:) Strange that there is diffrent solution...
Mustafa Gulercan
Respected Contributor

no way :)
you can find serial number with using null modem connection.but those are not HP serial numbers.
Jeff_Traigle
Honored Contributor

It depends what versions of VCS/XCS you're using (and maybe which version of CV EVA also). We're running VCS 4.100 on the 5000s and XCS 6.220 on the 6000s. Serial numbers for the disks is available via Command View EVA 8.02 and SSSU.
--
Jeff Traigle
Jeff_Traigle
Honored Contributor

It should also be noted, that the disk serial number displayed is the factory serial number. We've found up to three serial numbers on some disk drives (factory, HP, and HP spare parts).
--
Jeff Traigle