Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Disk Enclosures
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVA5000 W2K/W2K3 Question

Steve Pitt
Advisor

EVA5000 W2K/W2K3 Question

Can anybody offer a reasion for the following: -
I have a new partition 1.5Tb mounted on a W2K server, In disk Manager I can create a new partition and format, but when mounted on the server cannot explore or use it?
I have tried various partition sizes to no avail.
Have mounted partiton on W2K3 server, formatted and used OK, but when then mounted on W2K server same results.

Q. Am I looking at a restriction in W2K server?

Steve
2 REPLIES
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA5000 W2K/W2K3 Question

Hi,

my guess is that you are accessing the Windows 2000 server via Remote Desktop / Terminal session. When you create a partition in a terminal session you cannot "see" it in explorer until you log off and log in again. This was fixed in Windows 2003.

Regards,
Stephen
Steve Pitt
Advisor

Re: EVA5000 W2K/W2K3 Question

That is fantastic and has fixed my problem with both mounting new volumes as well as a snapshot

:-)
Steve